Reverend Thomas's Irreverent Web Blog. A discussion of U.S. domestic events and policies affecting the development and direction of Faith Hope and Charity Ministries. Along with some highly opinionated comments, some seemingly non-Pastoral in nature.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Enough with the Lip Service and Research

I worked on the F.H.C. Ministries website for about 6 hours tonight. It would be real helpful if I knew HTML and CSS better.

Anyway that's a sidebar. I decided to pour some coffee and search the internet for articles and this is what I found. (P.S. I am no longer in a very good mood).

"The Bush administration and Congress have scaled back programs that aid the poor to help pay for $600 billion in tax breaks that went primarily to those who earn more than $288,800 a year." To read this article GO HERE.

"As we celebrate the fortieth anniversary of President Johnson's declaration of the War on Poverty, we are reminded that economic growth alone is not sufficient to combat the problem. Today, the war on poverty must be fought not on the margins but in the very mainstream of our economy. It must be a war to restore the promise of work." To read this article GO HERE.

I did not know that President Johnson had declared war on poverty. That would mean in the history of wars this one has been going on for a very very long time, and it would seem that we are not winning any ground, but instead loosing ground and fast. Economic Growth? From who's point of view?

40 years ago, I would have been 4 years old, let's see, since 1966 we have put men on the moon (at what cost and for whose benefit?), fought in the Vietnam War, fought in Granada, fought in Iraq and gone back to Iraq for some more fighting. TV has gone from Perry Mason to CSI, music has gone from Peter, Paul and Mary to 50 Cent. Statistics say the working man's dollar is worth $2.00 less than it was (that would mean really a -3) if my math still works, I did not do that on a calculator, and technology has gone, well, who can really describe it. Oh did I mention that the working man's dollar is worth $2.00 dollars less.

Ok we have 40 years of research, statistics, and progress = none, in fact progress = -3.

God could have a called a much more qualified person than me. I have been resisting His calling for years. He could have called one of those politicians, or CEO's, someone with some money to get things started. He could have called anyone but me. I have wondered many times why me. I am not someone the average person really wants to have conversations with when they first meet me. I have very long black hair. I have tattoos. I really don't like to shave. I really don't mind a cold glass of beer on a hot summer day. I am a soldier.

I guess that's why God called me, I am a soldier and enough is enough. If I read one more article about the past 20 years of research and how they spend all their grant money on publishing reports for congress I am going to puke.

Yes that was not very pastoral of me, yes that was not very professional of me. That was the soldier in me.

For more non pastoral Comments from me, in a very unprofessional tone, keep reading. For the sensitive and conservative readers - KEEP READING!!!

For those organizations that are doing research and more research - I double dog dare you to break out your checkbooks and send me one huge check. I said huge.

For those of you shaking your heads and saying go Reverend Thomas go, I double dog dare you to become an F.H.C. Knight or Crusader (just visit our web site).

For those of you who are hungry, poor, need to get your car fixed, I am coming, and no I am not waiting for the huge check. God has made it perfectly clear to me, that I have to be on the road by January 1st, 2007.

I need a bigger rig, insurance, a truck to pull the bigger rig, a computer, some cash for gas, and lots of cash for the people. That by the way is in a month and a half. I am going to Arizona first, I don't know, don't ask, it's what I was told to do, and I coming to a town near you soon too. I have my armor, my sword and my shield. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

If you are one of those researchers I want to talk with you too. However, if you wish to avoid me (like most people do) send that HUGE check and send it now. I won't bother you one bit, heck, I will probably post a nice little thank you on F.H.C. Ministries website and call you one of the good guys.

I had this blog reviewed by a professional editor, their suggestion was to change the above paragraph. I don't want to. This was an inspired writing. Please understand this is not a threat of violence. I am a God fearing and peace loving man.

The next blog is already started and I am calling you out. I will name the research organization the grant they got and what they did with it.

You can mail that huge check to:
FHC Ministries
PO Box 4543
Bryan, TX 77805-4543

Visit http://www.fhcministries.org/ for more contact information

No comments: