Reverend Thomas's Irreverent Web Blog. A discussion of U.S. domestic events and policies affecting the development and direction of Faith Hope and Charity Ministries. Along with some highly opinionated comments, some seemingly non-Pastoral in nature.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Zealous = Humble

Anyone who has read my blog lately knows about the razoo contest to win $10,000. In my zealousness to win, I have been adding friends and then inviting them to FHC's group as fast as I can.
I decided this morning to do a little research on FHC's new friends when someone pointed out to me the accomplishments of one those friends.
Wow, these new friends of FHC are doers, not talkers, they have accomplished a lot during the course of their lives. One of them speaks 7 languages, when you compare my bio to theirs no wonder the support for FHC comes hard. I am even having a difficult time getting verified on a site that receives donations for people and non-profits because my address on my drivers license is not the address I live it (curse of the nomad).
Although my calling is not new, answering my calling is and I can get a little over zealous at times (just ask my wife). Reading just one of FHC's new friends bio is humbling enough, reading several is very humbling.
FHC's commitment to being an ounce of prevention for the working poor of America is my calling, you'll find me in church on Sunday sitting in the pews not the pulpit, that is a different calling than mine. It took me a long time to realize the only way out of the belly of the whale was to have faith and practice obedience.
Thank you, new friends for reminding me that obedience should be my most important priority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your zealousness in recruiting people to join your group on Razoo. You're a great champion for your cause, and we love supporting folks like you!

Good luck!
Rebecca
www.razoo.com
http://blog.razoo.com